Tuesday 11 October 2011

Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes & Millionaire Shortbread


I made these for a BBQ gathering we were having at our house during the amazing indian summer, along with some millionaire shortbread. I thought these would make decent bitesize summery treats for the peckish. 



I made an insane amount of millionaire shortbread as this happens to be quite a few favourites in the house. Unfortunately, due to me being stressed out and flapping around like a headless chicken at the fact there wasnt enough sugar, I made a HUGE layer of toffee caramel, a thick magnumesque marbled dark and milk chocolate layer and a very sorry layer of shortbread. Next time, next time.
The dark chocolate and the overload of caramel was just far too rich, my teeth nearly melted. Obviously the boyfriend will tell you otherwise since he has no teeth now.

As for the cupcakes, surprisingly, these were more of a love it or a hate it. Some loved it so much they bought 5 and eat them one after the other. Some didn't like the squishy texture the strawberries gave the sponge. I personally found them a little difficult to eat but it was worth it in the end. It did made me question whether i'd cooked them long enough by how squishy they were. However, there were no reports of food poisoning so that's always a plus.



No comments:

Post a Comment