Tuesday 11 October 2011

Mocha Cupcakes

These were the first batch of cupcakes i sent off to be sold at the coffee cup shop outside my uni campus. I was selling 10 of them at £1.50.... After selling only 4, i realised i should probably push the price down since we're all only students after all..


These came out surprisingly well for a first try, The sponge was light and airy with an espresso and chocolate hint, and for once my frosting was stable enough to pipe. Please forgive the piping too, it was my first time, so they look a bit like brown swirly fairy poos. I think i'll need to invest in some better nozzles since this was actually my biggest one...


Unfortunately, my luck kinda ran out there... Since there was some miscommunication when i thought the coffee cup was going to be providing me something to display my cakes on and they thought vice versa. Whoops. So in such short notice, the night before i was faffing around. once again. looking for anything i could find to store some cakes on. I found a cake stand my housemate got me for my 21st and then just put an upside down pyrex casserole dish ontop as a cover :P... it looked a bit rustic but one can't complain when you're about to breakdown and throw every utensil you own at innocent cowering friends. The only problem with this set-up was that i could only store 4 cupcakes at a time due to the tapering shape of the casserole dish, so i had to rely on the staff to restock it. 

So before bed, i made my little sign and popped it in my little photoframe i got from IKEA for 79p ^_^ and got my crap together, before setting off at 7am, to get my cakes to the shop before 8... ugghh, my face was NOT pretty sight.



When i arrived, just before opening time, i was informed that the shop had run out of coffee (that's right) and no delivery had arrived to replenish so they wouldnt be able to open until it had. So i'm hoping the reason i didn't sell too many was because they only opened around 10am... i hope anyway. Either that, or they were just too darn pricey. Maybe a big drop to £1 next week, only because i love my studentkind.

No comments:

Post a Comment